Our goals are simple: maintain and establish long-lasting partnerships with our clients based on integrity and trust, provide a premier product on-time and cost-effectively, encourage a teamwork environment where we contribute to each other’s successes, invest in our growth through technology and innovation, and give back to make a difference in our local community.
Washington Woodworking was founded in 1897 originally as a lumberyard that crafted and sold stock woodwork, windows, doors, stair parts, lumber and building products. Originally located in the heart of Washington at 12th and B Street (now Constitution), in 1931 we moved to 912 4th Street, NW and remained there until 1970 when we moved to our present location in Landover, Maryland.
Since our original move in 1970, we have expanded our plant to over 80,000 square feet and house state-of-the-art machinery and equipment. Today, over 120 years since our founding, Washington Woodworking employs over 125 employees including a force of highly skilled carpenters and cabinetmakers. We have continued to expand our capabilities by investing in machinery and by hiring the top tier carpenters and cabinet makers, and growing our team to include mechanics capable of completing the most difficult of projects.Read More